Tryouts for the 2017 Eclipse season are coming in January and March! If your player(s) are interested in trying out for Eclipse, please follow these steps:
What to do now:
1. View the tryout schedule below for your player(s) age group(s) and add these dates and times to your calendar. Players are highly encouraged to attend both of their tryout sessions, but they will be considered even if they only attend one. If you can’t attend either session, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Register your player(s) via the registration form on this page. This will add your player to our tryout list and your email to our contact list for tryout reminders and team selection notifications.
What to do at tryouts:
1. Go to the Campolindo High School turf field on the days and times listed for your player’s age group. Campolindo is located at 300 Moraga Rd, Moraga. The turf field is on a hill behind the school. You will want to park in the main school lot that is off of Campolindo Drive and then walk up the small hill to the field.
2. When you arrive at tryouts, you will need to check in at the registration table. You will turn in your registration form to the table, and they will assign you a tryout number and vest.
3. At the end of the first day, coaches will collect your tryout vest. When you come on the second day, you will check back in at the registration table to receive your tryout vest again. (You only need to turn in the registration form on the first day)
4. Make sure to wear shinguards, cleats and athletic gear. Bring water. Please do not wear anything with emblems of Eclipse or any other clubs you have played for.
Check out the FAQ section at the bottom of this page first. If your question is still not answered, send an email to director@eastbayeclipsesoccercom.
2017 East Bay Eclipse Tryouts Schedule
Future Eclipse – U6-U8 (Born 2010 or later): We are able to take all interested players in these age groups. By registering a player this age for tryouts, you will be added to our list to receive information about registering for our Future Eclipse Program.
U9 Boys and Girls (Born in 2009): Sat and Sun, Jan 28 and 29 – 8:00-9:30am
U10 Boys and Girls (Born in 2008): Sat and Sun, Jan 28 and 29 – 9:30-11:00am
U11 Boys and Girls (Born in 2007): Sat and Sun, Jan 28 and 29 – 11:15am-12:45pm
U12 Boys and Girls (Born in 2006): Sat and Sun, Jan 28 and 29 – 1:00-2:30pm
U13 Boys and Girls (Born in 2005): Sat and Sun, Jan 28 and 29 – 2:45-4:15pm
U14 Boys and Girls (Born in 2004): Sat and Sun, Jan 28 and 29 – 4:30-6:00pm
U15 Boys and Girls (Born in 2003): Sat, March 11 – 12:30-2:00pm and Sun, March 12 – 9:30-11:00am (note different times each day)
U16 Boys and Girls (Born in 2002): Sat, March 11 – 2:15-3:45pm and Sun, March 12 – 11:15am-12:45pm (note different times each day)
U17-U19 Boys and Girls (Born in 1999-2001): Sat, March 11 – 4:00-5:30pm and Sun, March 12 – 1:00-2:30pm (note different times each day)
2017 Eclipse Tryouts Registration Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring anything to tryouts?
Yes. Please bring a completed Eclipse tryout registration form. Make sure your child also brings some water.
How much do tryouts cost?
We do not believe in charging players to try out. We do select a charity each year to collect donations for at tryouts, so if you enjoy tryouts, you can donate to our selected charity.
What if it rains the day of tryouts?
We have scheduled tryouts for the turf field at Campolindo High School, so tryouts will be on rain or shine. If there is a lightning storm, we would need to reschedule tryouts to keep the kids safe. If this occurs, we will contact all registered tryout participants via email.
How many teams will you have in each age group? How many kids will be trying out? What are my child’s chances of making a team?
As tryouts near, we will post our projected 2017 teams and coaches. These projected teams will be based on the registrations we have received for tryouts. Historically, we form one team in every age group and have a second team in age groups with large tryout attendance. Since we have many registrations come in last minute and always have some players walk up to tryouts without having registered ahead of time, it is very difficult for us to determine an exact number/chance of making it for any specific player ahead of time.
Can my child try out in an age group different than their own?
No players are allowed to “play down” per US Soccer rules. All players must play in their own age group and may not play in an age group below their own. In some rare instances, players may be allowed to “play up” in an age group older than their year of birth for developmental reasons. These rare instances will need to be approved by the director via email ahead of tryouts.
How are teams selected?
We have our coaching staff on hand for tryouts to have a wide range of coaches evaluating players. At the conclusion of tryouts, a compiled evaluation and rating is made for each player based on evaluations from all of the coaches. The club’s directors then meet with the coach of that team to review the ratings and make final decisions.
When will we know if we made the team?
The club’s director will notify families of team selections within one week of tryouts. Notifications will be sent to the email addresses that accompany the online tryout registration.
How fast do you need to know if we accept our spot if we make the team?
We ask that you let us know as soon as you are able to. In general, about 90% of our players respond to accept their spots on the team within 24 hours; however, if you need more time to decide, simply let the club’s director know that you will need more time. We don’t want anyone to have to rush into a decision that they are not ready for.
What if my player does not make the team?
Players who are not selected for teams after tryouts will also be notified by the club’s director via email. At that point, players will have the option of joining the waiting list for that team. In the event that the waiting list does not work out, the club offers our Development Academy option, so players can still participate in the Eclipse club experience. More information about this option will be shared with players once the waiting list closes.
What if my kid is new to competitive soccer and is nervous about trying out?
Every year we have a ton of kids who are trying out for competitive soccer for the first time. We run our tryouts in line with our club’s Coaching Philosophy, so the kids generally have a lot of fun at our tryouts. If your child is particularly nervous, let them know at the registration table and one of our club coaches or directors will be happy to come introduce themselves to help your child feel more comfortable with the situation.
Are tryouts required if my kid is U8 or younger?
No. We do not have a set roster size for our Future Eclipse program (U6-U8), so we are able to accept all players who want to participate at this age. By signing up for tryouts in this age group, we will be able to contact you with more information about the program and inform you when it is time to register for the program.